Meeting Minutes

October 2016 Meeting Minutes

Indian Springs Village Association (ISVA)

 

Monthly Board Meeting, October 11, 2016

 

The Woodlands Township Offices, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd.

 

MINUTES 

Attendance:

Board Members: Mike Arendes, Kelly Sharer, Jim Merritt, Richie Spurlock, Shanna Davis, Erika Bondy Pratt, Russ Heinen, Richard Stromatt, Alan Neely, Tom Brown, Ken Schumann, Michael Saucier, Matt Ponders

Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office: Deputy Jason Hopper

The Woodlands Township: Gordy Bunch, Mike Bass, John Osborne

Call to Order:  We started the meeting with Alden Bridge Village Association at 7:00 p.m. Elected Officials and Candidates: We heard from the candidates to the different positions of the Board for the Woodlands Township:

Amy Lampman, Bob Leilich and Gordy Bunch (incumbent) for Position 1

Mike Bass (incumbent) for Position 2

John Anthony Brown and Stuart Schroeder for Position 3

We also heard from Rebecca Riley, a nice introduction to the Lone Star College System and their programs.

Then we moved to the Indian Spring meeting.

8:44 p.m.  Mike Arendes called the meeting to order.  

Law Enforcement Report: (also shared with Alden Bridge) Deputy Jason Hopper gave his report. He said they arrested someone for indecent exposure and they think he is the one that has been reported in different occasions.  He is also a sex offender. They also found the group that was painting graffiti all around, including in Trace Creek. $2,291.00 of stolen goods was recovered.

Secretary’s Report: Bev Wallery was absent. Erika Pratt took the minutes. A draft of last month’s minutes is posted on the ISVA Web Page – Alan motioned to approve the minutes for September, Russ seconded. All approved.

Treasurer’s Report: Ken Schumann sent the Treasurer’s report to everyone before the meeting.

Woodlands Township Report: John Osborne.  John provided the summary from The Township meeting and highlighted the important items.

Neighborhood Services Report: John Osborne.

John provided the schedule of events for the next months. Including the information for The Woodlands Holiday Lighting and Decorating Contest, and a flyer about the public hearing for the Woodlands Township and Bicycle Master Plan on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at The Woodlands Township Town Hall.

 

Old/Recurring Business:

Parks & Recreation Advisory Council: Michael reported that Forest Gate Park is getting new equipment and the renovation of North Shore Park will cost 1.7 million.

RDRC:  Ross and Richard said that nothing much is happening.

Magazine Article: Kelly Sharer left before we could get to the magazine article.

Taste of the Village: Spectrum arrives at 6:00 p.m. on Friday.

Mike will be there early Sat. morning.

Lloyd will help with generators starting at 8:00 a.m. Saturday.

Shanna will be there 10:00 and Jim also at 10:00

Richard will bring the coolers by 9:00 a.m.

Mike will find out from Lloyd about the plugs for electricity.

Montriz and Jamie are the coordinators. New Store Manager is Bill. The food permits have been approved.

Publicity for the event was discussed: Community Impact should come out with an article about Taste of the Village. The banners are not in Woodlands Parkway, Mike will try to find out about that.

Alan asked for the money for the raffle and Ken answered him. Ken will also bring change, $200 worth, and we have a square for credit cards. Ken asked about the lay out and Mike said he will figure it out according to what Lloyd used to do.

Erika and Carol will be face painting. HEB will get the paint as usual.

New Business:

Secretary – we need someone to volunteer for the Secretary position starting January.

ISVA Website Management:  Matt Nichols will work on it. He and Dan will get together next week for that.

Flea Market November 5th. Need volunteers

Mike will let everybody know by e-mail to get the volunteers for this event.

 

Other Issues: John asked if we were having a meeting for December so he can tell the room scheduler we won’t need the room that month.

 

Adjourned:  Mike motioned to adjourn at 9:14 p.m. Matt seconded. All agreed.

Next Meeting: November 8, 2016 at 7:00 pm at The Town Hall building public meeting space. 

Copyright © 2017 Indian Springs Village Association - All Rights Reserved

Powered by DyKIDo! from DooWooWoo, LLC