Indian Springs Village Association (ISVA)
Monthly Board Meeting, January 9, 2018
The Woodlands Township Offices, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd.
Board Members: Mike Arendes, Richie Spurlock, Kelly Sharer, Shanna Davis, Alan Neely, Ken Schumann, Carol Stromatt, Richard Stromatt, Michael Saucier, Matt Pounders, John Osborn, Russell Heinen, Ken Schumann and Enrique Rosero.
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office: Deputy Stephanie Coroiescu
The Woodlands Township: John Osborne
Call to Order: 7:01 p.m. The President Steve Leakey of Alden Bridge Village Assoc., called the joint meeting to order.
Call to Order Mike Arendes, President of Indian Springs Village Assoc., called the joint meeting to order at 7:55 we were in our meeting room.
- Resident Issues and Comments- Mary Lib Guercio- Spoke about the Kendrick/Theresa Amendment. Joanna Altsmith- Spoke about an issue involving a cleaning solution at the Waterway Square on the bench. Mark Weaver- Concerned about allowing people the that do not live in the Village to participate on the Board.
- Guest Speaker(s)
- Law Enforcement Report – Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office: Deputy Stephanie Coroiescu, Kellie Chrisitansen, - Crime Prevention Unit. Deputy Smith was present also. Gave a crime report.
- CPR Report- MJ Currey- Woodlands CPR Training Village Challenge. There is a challenge where a CPR training will occur at a particular fire station with in the Village. All residents are eligible to go to any CPR training at any fire station.
- Secretary’s Report- Michael Arendes made the motion to approve the November minutes. Russell Heinen second – Motion voted and passed to approve the November minutes.
- Treasurer’s Report- Tim Brown present. The report was emailed out earlier this week.
- Woodlands Township Report- John Osborne - shared The Township's Board of Director meeting reports, Neighborhood Service's Agenda, and flyers of upcoming events. Need dates for next year’s taste of the village. Not One Board meeting was held on Dec 6th.
- Neighborhood Services Report- none
- Old / Recurring Business
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Council update- Michael Saucier- Pool at Bear Branch pool is being ripped up. Forrest Gate pool heat has been fixed.
- RDRC update – Russell Heinen- No items to discuss.
- Woodlands Magazine articles- Kelly Sharer – will be all about scholarships.
- Holiday Lighting Contest- Kelly Sharer- Best House has been awarded. Idlewood has been awarded the best lighting neighborhood.
- Elections- Applications are due Jan 8th.
- New Business
- Other Issues-
- Adjourn 8:27 p.m. Alan Neely motioned for the meeting to adjourn Matt Pounders second. The motion was unanimous the meeting closed.
NEXT MEETING: February 13th, 2018 at 7:00 pm at The Town Hall building public meeting space