Meeting Minutes

February 2018

Indian Springs Village Association (ISVA)

Monthly Board Meeting February 13, 2018

The Woodlands Township Offices, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd.

MINUTES

Attendance:

Board Members: Mike Arendes, Richie Spurlock, Kelly Sharer, Shanna Davis, Ken Schumann, Carol Stromatt, Richard Stromatt, Michael Saucier, Matt Pounders, Russell Heinen, and Erika Bondy Pratt.

Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office: Deputies Stephanie Coroiescu, Christiansen, Smith, Hollen , Hitman and Salazar.

The Woodlands Township: John Osborne

Candidates: Matt Beasley and Dan Zientek

Guest Speaker: Aging in Place - The Woodlands: Peggy Reinhold

Call to Order: 7:00 p.m. Alden Bridge acting President, Maryann Braid call the meeting to order. It was a joint meeting of the Associations for the Sheriff's Office report and to listen about Aging in Place by Peggy Reinhold.

* Law Enforcement Report: Deputy Stephanie Corojescu talked to us about the arrests and statistics for the month of January. Indian Springs was still low on DWIs and motor vehicle robberies. Even though there were 3 arrests for family violence.

* Aging in Place - The Woodlands: Peggy Reinhold gave us a very informative account of what Aging in Place has been doing since it started two years ago. Most of the help has been in the form of transportation with various volunteer drivers. She pleaded for volunteers and also for donations. She distributed a flyer with the contact information website: http://www.aiptwtx.org   email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and phone: 281-845-4441

 

* Candidates Matt Beasley and Dan Zientek talked about their qualifications for the Justice of the Peace position and how they would help the community. Dan called himself a nerd and said he will bring technology to the department. Matt said he served the Panther Creek Association.

Call to Order: We started the meeting of the Indian Springs Association at 7:34.

* Secretary’s Report: Alan was not present. Richard motion to approve the January Minutes and Russell seconded and all agreed.

* Treasurer’s Report: Tom was not present. Mike made the motion to elect Tom Brown for Treasurer for the next two years, Kelly seconded and all were in favor. Ken Schuman had talked to Tom and the budget is right on task. Mike said he has the check from the flea market and will deposit. Kelly said she has the check for Galatas School and Michael Saucier has the check for Glen Loch School.

* Woodlands Township Report- John Osborne - He gave us the list of actions taken by the Township Board during their meeting. He talked about the police report (C Report) that will be sent to the Directors and we discussed about how that information gets disseminated. Mike decided we would revisit when he gets the report.

* Neighborhood Services Report- John Osborne - He gave us the list of Events and reminded the Board that we need to lock the date of the Taste of the Village as Saturdays in October are being taken for other activities.

Old / Recurring Business

  • Parks & Recreation Advisory Council update- Michael Saucier- No meeting this week.
  • RDRC update – Russell Heinen-. Had a meeting and they approved a new shingle color.
  • Woodlands Magazine articles- Michael Saucier. Kelly said she will do this one for April and Michael will continue after that. This one will be about the donation to the schools.
  • Scholarship committee: Kelly gave the Board the dates for reading the applications: Sunday March 25th. 7:00 p.m. Mike will check the mailbox for the applications. We will find how many applications and decide how many scholarships then. Matt, Russell, Michael signed up to read applications and Shanna said she will if needed.
  • Hands only CPR - Ken explained about it and there will be a training program that he encourages us to sign up. Erika already did the hands only CPR. Ken distributed some flyers on CERT and CPR subject. If anyone needs information for their neighbors John will provide it. Ken also told the Board that officer Salazar wants to be contacted when needed. Mike saw some young adults in his neighborhood that acted strange one night.

New Business

  • Earth Day Green Up March 24 - Erika will coordinate, we have Erika, Russell, Carol and Richard so far. You can register by going to www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/greenup.
  • During the April Meeting, Chris Nuñez will give us an update on Parks and Recreation.
  • In may we will have a talk on ISD

* Adjourn 8:27 p.m. Richard motioned for the meeting to adjourn, Matt Pounders seconded. The motion was unanimous the meeting closed.

NEXT MEETING: Has been changed from Tuesday, March 13 to Tuesday, March 6.

Submitted by Erika Bondy Pratt

Copyright © 2018 Indian Springs Village Association - All Rights Reserved
Powered by DyKIDo! from DooWooWoo, LLC